Pages

11.08.2006

Blessings-Nashville

We'll to be honest, I'm sick and I don't feel like updating my blog. My wonderful boyfriend decided to mention my trip to Nashville in his blog and put a link...so I had to update. I guess it was about time, it's been a while.

I've been in my internship for 2 weeks now, and it's been lots of fun. I'm at Abby Hinton's middle school in Lenoir working with a 6th grade Social Studies class. I will be there until Dec. 5th so that means I'm not in classes all day learning, but I still have have lots of homework to finish before the end of the semester. I've been meaning to write about what God has been doing in my life recently, but I've been so busy I haven't. This is a perfect opportunity to share, because it has to do with my trip to the National Middle School Conference in Nashville, TN.

About 2 months ago, I was given the opportunity to go to the NMSA National Conference in Nashville, the only problem was that I knew I couldn't afford it. Most of you know my financial situation and know there is no way my mom could help me. I began praying that if it was God's will that he would provide a way for me to go. I'd heard so many wonderful things from my professors about this conference and I really wanted to go. I asked my dad to help me, but he ended up not being able to pay for me to go. Matt wanted to pay for me to go, but of course I wouldn't let him. I just figured it wasn't God's will for me to go. So, I just stopped praying and tried to move on. (pretty much everyone in my block classes were going and it was really hard for me) The week after the registration fee was due, my mom received a phone call from her best friend Patti Hartness. Momma told her about the conference and how I really wanted to go. She told mom for me to give her a call because her and her husband Randy wanted to pay for me to go. I told mom that it was too late and I left Patti messages to call me. I signed up for a fall retreat at Caswell and knew I would be able to make some money for Christmas and spend time with friends.

The next week, I was asked by a girl in my internship class if I would go to the conference if it was paid for. I told her I didn't know because I had signed up to go to camp. She had already paid the registration fee and raised $100 to pay for her hotel ($82) and food. She knew my situation and wanted to me to take her place because she couldn't go. I told her I would think about it and preceded to the bookstore. When I came back, after calling mom and Matt and asking them to pray, Kourtney was looking for me and wanted me to know that the department was paying the registration and the hotel fee...meaning I had $100 for food and other travel expenses. I knew this was an answer to my prayer and told her I would go. 20 minutes later, Patti called me and asked me to go to dinner with her. SHE WAS IN TOWN! I went to dinner with her and she told me she had something for me. Patti gave me a gift of $200 and told me she wanted to help with my trip. (She didn't know it was too late or anything!) Later that night, I got another call from AE , where I worked in high school and during the holidays at home. They wanted me to work floorset over my fall break. So..not only did my trip get paid for, I received extra money for food and travel, and I earned extra money at American Eagle for Christmas presents! God is amazing!!!!!!!!! It is amazing what he does for his children when we are obedient.

Nashville was so much fun. It was in the Grand Ole Opry Hotel and Convention Center.
(The picture is from the inside) GORGEOUS! I want to go back one day and take Matt.
I received all kinds of teaching materials and new ideas. I even got a job offer at South Charlotte Middle School. The principal told me to call her when I graduated. I got to see Laura when I was in Nashville and spend some quality catching up time with her. I also met her good friend Mark, who is amazing..but that is another story. All I have to say is that the Lord is faithful and when you put him first in your life and really let him take over, he can do some amazing things!

For this weekend, I am going to Fuquay to spend some time with Matt and his family. I haven't seen him in a few weeks, and I know it's going to be so much fun! As for now...as Matt would say...later

No comments: