Pages

12.31.2009

2009, the End of a Decade!

I remember where I was when 2000 began. I was at the Winter Extreme Youth Conference in Gatlinburg, TN with my youth group from Blackwelder Park Baptist Church. I was in the 10th grade and Newsong was in concert, with Josh McDowell speaking. We stayed across the street from the conference sight and Bryan Rogers was our youth minister. We had a huge youth group and we were having the time of our lives bringing in the new year. At the time, I had no idea what the next ten years would mean for me. God had done so much in my life and in the lives of the people around me.

This week Matt & I have been reminiscing of what the past decade meant to us. I thought it would be cool to see what I can remember from 2000-2009. I'm thinking this will be an ongoing list as we reminisce about the last 10 years. Enjoy!

Y2K
Youth group days
1st boyfriend
Bahamas mission trip
Parents Divorce
9/11 Tragedy
Death of Grandma & Grandpa Moon
Last dance recital, after 15 years
High School Graduation
Mission trip to Moldolva
Beginning college at ASU
Meeting Matt
Working 4 summers at Camp Caswell
Changing my major
Buying my 1st car
Dating Matt
Hurricane Katrina
Getting Engaged
Graduating from Appalachian State
Getting Married
Moving away from Kannapolis
Paying off my 1st car
Beginning my teaching career at Apex Middle School
Joining a new church in Raleigh, Journey Church
Buying our 1st house
Changing jobs, move to Wendell Middle School
Coaching cheerleading
Getting my 1st dog

Happy New Year! 2010 is sure to be another year full of precious memories!

No comments: