Pages

3.13.2011

So Much Bigger Than the Bunny

This post is WAY over due! My friend Tasha, wrote a devotional for families called "Bigger Than the Bunny." (Which you should totally check out on her website) We bought it for Laney, so we can teach her about the significance of Easter and what Jesus did for us but we thought it would be cool to do the devotional together this year.

Part of the devotion is to give up something for Lent, which I've never done before. Growing up in a Baptist church we never participated in Lent. In fact, I didn't know what Lent was until I was college. Matt & I both prayed and thought about it and both decided to give up facebook. I've had several people, even family members say to me, "why would you give up something, the sacrifice has already been made." But it's so much more than that, the reason for giving up something is to recenter yourself. To regain your focus on what this life is all about.

Facebook is kind of my "relaxation" when I come home in the afternoons, but it also serves as a great distraction when it comes to relationships and spending time on what's important in life. I knew giving it up would be HUGE for me because I spend so much time on it but I know that that's the idea of Lent. I hope that as I begin this Journey I can focus my attention on Jesus Christ and the sacrifice he was for me.

1 comment:

The Via Colony said...

That's awesome:) I love that ya'll are doing it together, how fun!

Thanks for the plug, ha!