Pages

8.24.2011

New Adventures

I'm not sure how much I've written about my new job. Tomorrow I began a new adventure & I must say...I am REALLY REALLY nervous. Tomorrow I will begin teaching 2 classes at New Life Camp for homeschool students. I'm used to teaching over 100 students a day, every day of the week & I'm going to be teaching a class of 6 and a class of 3...1 day a week. In the past I haven't been able to share my faith with my students, in this job I get the privilege of leading students in devotions & have been asked to incorporate Jesus in every lesson I teach.

I worry, will I be good enough?...as if I don't know what I'm doing. I've been teaching for 4 years & I act like I've never taught before. I have jitters about dealing with homeschool parents vs. dealing with public school parents. Will my students out smart me? Will they think I'm a horrible teacher? Will I disappoint the New Life staff that hired me, the parents that have paid for me to teach their kids? Will I make a complete fool of myself? I am really struggling with all of this...

I plan to take today to just pray through this new adventure God has given me. Being a stay at home mommy & working 1 day a week has been a HUGE adjustment for me. I knew I would love it, but honestly...it's been hard. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Laney and we can't imagine life any other way now. But...I'm so used to working on school work all of the time & living my life with what's left over. Now I live my life & do school work in just a few hours a week. I'm being pretty vulnerable here...letting out my fears on the web. Will you pray with me? Pray that God will calm my nerves & give me the confidence I need to be the best I can be tomorrow & every Thursday for this school year. Pray that I will continue to adjust to being a stay at home mommy, that I will make the most of it & enjoy being home with my little Laney.

God has reminded me this week of why he put me at home & why I'm not returning to public school...I'm so thankful for the new adventures he has blessed us with, now to make the most if it!

1 comment:

The Via Colony said...

You are going to be AWESOME! I'll pray for you through this transition...this new adventure is going to be great for you and your family:)

Excited for you!