Pages

11.11.2009

Life Lately...

I haven't had the time to blog recently. In fact, I've been waiting for Veterans day so that I could have some time to spend blogging. I apologize if this blog post is way too long. God has blessed Matt & I with many opportunities this fall. From ASU football and NASCAR races (definitely an experience) to great family time with each other and our families. We've spent many of weekends on the road, but have also been able to make some great memories at home as well. The easiest way to sum up our fall is to share some pictures...Enjoy!

The state fair is always an exciting time for us. We always spend the majority of our time eating when we go to the fair, Matt says he will never ride a fair ride because he doesn't want to die at the fair. We enjoyed corn on the cob, some yummy ribbon fries, and hotdogs. We ended our time there with funnel cakes.

Matt has always been a Nascar fan and he loves going to races. His dad has always given me a hard time for living in Kannapolis and not being interested in Nascar. For our anniversary I decided that I would go with Matt to a race. It was definitely an experience and I am not going to lie, I told Matt that he can go to a race any time he wants...as long as I can stay home :).

One of my very best friends got married in October, Miss Emily Roberts...of course now she is Mrs. Emily Ondish but her wedding was one of the sweetest weddings I've attended in quite some time. She is an amazing friend and I am so excited that she now gets to experience the blessing of being married. Her Matt is a great guy as well, Matt and I wish you the best Ems! We love you!
The same weekend we went to Emily's wedding was Chowan University's homecoming. We go to a lot of ASU games, so we try every year to make it to at least one Chowan game since Matt went to school there. Thankfully my best friend Jenni and her wonderful husband Craig work at Chowan. We were able to actually see Chowan win a game and spend some time with great friends. Jenni and Craig, you need to move to Raleigh :).
We were able to spend Halloween at home this year. We carved a pumpkin and dressed our "child." We also handed out candy to a billion trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood. It was great to relax at home on a Saturday night and see all the cute kids dressed up. I haven't carved a pumpkin since I was a child and I haven't handed out candy since high school. We had a great time and Molly was precious in her princess costume!
My last blog post was about my wonderful "little" sister Anna. She was amazing at the Miss Cabarrus County pageant last weekend. She won several awards including 2nd runner up. I totally believe that it was not the Lord's will to win Cabarrus, but that he has super plans for her ahead. She stood out among the ladies in the pageant and I totally believe that it was not the Lord's will for her to win Cabarrus. I believe he has a bigger task for her in her future. Anna doesn't know what proliminary pageants she will do for Miss NC in the future, but I know that if it is God's will Anna will be Miss North Carolina one day. She definitely has what it takes and I know that God could use her to make such a difference in this state. Below are two pictures from the pageant. If you want to see more, check out www.pageantpics.com and select "Miss NC Prelims" and "Miss Cabarrus County" as your event. Please continue to pray for her and encourage her along this journey.


We are looking forward to the holiday season...spending time with family and friends, food, decorating and all of the other fun festivities. I promise though, I'll blog again before then!

No comments: