Pages

10.22.2009

My Precious Sister

I've been blogging a lot about my life lately, so this time I thought I would share a little about what's going on in the life of my family...

My precious little sister, not so little anymore, is preparing to compete for the title of Miss Cabarrus County. She has done pageants before, and was Teen Miss Cabarrus County about 6 or 7 years ago. She enjoyed it and competed a few years ago in the miss division. For a few years Anna felt like she was done with pageants, but this summer she felt called to do them...for a different reason. Anna's testimony is about how God has taught her to find her self worth in him and has become a very confident young woman. She's learned that she is beautiful because she has Jesus. This summer by working on the bedotell team, God used her to share her testimony to help young girls struggling with self-esteem issues.

Anna feels called to work with young students that struggle with self-esteem to acheive great things in life. She believes that by winning a title like Miss Cabarrus County, she can reach many students living in the Cabarrus/Rowan county area. She would also be able to compete for the title of Miss North Carolina and have the possibility of sharing her testimony with people all over North Carolina.

Everything has fallen into place for Anna...from finding the perfect wardrobe to finding the funds to pay for everything. I truly believe that God has his hand in this and that Anna can win on November 7th, God will use her to make a difference in the lives of students. Please join me in praying for her and this huge opportunity in front of her.


I am so proud of my sister, it is so evident that she is listening to the voice of the Lord. I can't wait to see what he does!