Pages

10.04.2009

For Mom...Fall Time!

My mom always wants to know what my home decor looks like. She's always been a great decorator and she's taught me how to decorate using what I have or buying cheap and doing it myself. I enjoy decorating and like to do decorate by season...just like my mom. So, this blog post is for my mom. This weekend Matt and I were able to continue working on our house. He worked in the yard and I did some work inside.

The people that lived here before we did were horrible at keeping up the yard. Matt has done a great job at getting rid of weeds, clearing out flower beds, and getting rid of dead stuff. This past weekend Matt and his dad spend all day Saturday working in the huge bed in our front yard. They disposed of a whole trailer full of dead weeds, trees, and junk. Our yard looks ten times better than it did before we moved in, but we still have a long way to go. I did the normal cleaning this weekend, but I also did some fall decorating. A few weeks ago I did a little fall decorating, but this weekend I finished my task. I decorated the mantle and made a wreath for our front door. I used stuff that I bought last year and a wreath that I got at Hobby Lobby for $2.50. I made the wreath for about $12 total. (Including some apples & pears I bought at TJ Max for $3 and some leaf garland from Hobby Lobby) I was proud, those things sell in the stores for anywhere from $20 to $100!

Take a look at some pictures from the weekend, so excited about fall!

3 comments:

Ashley M said...

I love your decorations, I have been looking for a fall wreath maybe I should try to make one myself, I doubt it would look as good as yours haha!

Kate Ashbrook said...

I love all the fall touches you've added and I especially love the pic over the mantle! ;-)

Magan Keith said...

Thanks Ashley, maybe if we could finaly hang out...I could help you:) I bet you could do it yourself though, it's not hard.

Kate, we love the pic too! We love when we have people over that haven't seen it...they always go crazy over it.