Pages

10.18.2010

Weekends...

I'd like to say that I've easily been able to create margin in my life...since that was what my last post was all about. But, unfortunately I haven't. My days consist of 5:30 wake up, school at 6:30 till 5:30, home to cook dinner, and school work until I go to bed. I haven't figured out how to create much margin, all this school work HAS to be done. There's just so much paper work these days. People always give me a hard time and tell me to give up something...to learn to say no, but really there is nothing I can say no to. If you talk to any public education school teacher they will tell you...we're swamped. Yes, I coach cheerleading but really it's 2 hours a day and it's something I enjoy about school.

So for now, I have to make the most of my weekends and any little free time that I get during the week. For example, tonight I have school work that needs to be done but I also had a blog post & some pictures that I wanted to get online...so I decided you know what, I'm doing it. I work all day & the school work will get done. I just NEED me time & I need Matt time. If I don't get those two things I know I'll end up sick in the bed and then school WILL suffer. I don't write all of this for people to feel sorry for me...remember, this is my online journal. If you don't like it, you don't have to read. :)

Now, on to the blog post I wanted to write... This weekend we spent the entire time with my family in Kannapolis. We went to my brother, Luke's, football game Friday night. It was homecoming & I went to Brown so it was fun to be there...although, I didn't really see anyone that I went to school with. If you're from Kannapolis or if you've known me long enough you know that I love Kannapolis football anyway. There's just something different about watching the Wonders play...it's not like normal high school football, it's not to me anyway.
I love my brothers! (And my sister, sad she couldn't be there...)

Saturday & Sunday I didn't do anything but eat & sleep. We slept in till 10:30 on both Saturday & Sunday and it was glorious. Usually I would feel bad for wasting my day away, but I don't because I needed that rest. We were also able to spend time with my Mom & Rusty, Dad & Teresa, Anna & Jeremy, Andrew & Chelsea, and Luke. Yes...this is just my immediate family...there's a lot of us. We're rather silly when we all get together too, but it makes things fun.

I've come to really value my weekends. I love spending time with Matt, catching up on housework, and worshiping at Journey. I especially love when we get to spend time with family. There's a lot more family weekends to come with Matt's mom's birthday this coming weekend, Luke's senior night & big rival football game, and Anna's pageant in November. Matt & I will also get to spend a little family time together in November when we head off for a long weekend vacation...we've decided that we need it and even though it's still a month away, I can't wait!

Off to tackle some of this school work and drink a cup of coffee to help me through, yes i know...it's already 9:00. :)

No comments: