Pages

4.12.2016

Faithful


Bryan an Kim Rogers are those people for me. Fifteen years ago my world was turned upside down when my parents divorced. When I was fourteen they moved to the church we attended from Texas. My dad actually helped bring them to our church. I very quickly became close to their family...babysitting, hanging out in my free time, and of course getting to know them through our youth group gatherings.

From the time I learned that my parents were going through a rough season until I went away to college, Bryan and Kim were always there for me. I recall sitting on their front porch, and Bryan reminding me of who my Heavenly Father is, that He will never leave us, and how much He loves us. There were many times Kim did the same. We had many conversations of this sort during my high school years. We also talked about normal teenage things...where I'd go to college, boys that I liked, and high school drama. Bryan and Kim took me on my 1st mission trip and my 2nd. They were a huge part in molding me as a young girl who loved Jesus.

When I was a freshman in college, they moved their family back to Texas, but this did not change our relationship. We kept in touch quite often, and I even went to Texas once to chaperone a trip for their youth group.  Over the years, life has been busy, but we've still kept in touch.

It's been over fifteen years since my parents divorced and fifteen years since I experienced any huge trial in life. Recently I wrote a post about my current battle with anxiety. I wasn't sure about putting myself out there for the world to see, but I'm so glad I did. The next morning I woke up to a message from Kim. "Hey Magan, I read your latest blog about your anxiety experience.  I found myself thinking I was reading Bryan's words." As I continued to read, I was reminded of Bryan's experience and was very quickly drawn to her invitation to give Bryan a call to hear his story.

Fast forward to tonight. I just got off the phone with Bryan. I am seriously in awe at how the Lord works. Once again,  He has reminded me of His goodness. As I listened to Bryan share his experience and encouragement, I could not believe that the same things I'm experiencing, so did Bryan. It was so encouraging to hear how Bryan overcame his struggle in the same ways I feel the Lord is encouraging me to overcome mine. Waiting is not easy, but God doesn't promise easy.

I am so very grateful for how the Lord provides when we need it. Fifteen years ago God brought this sweet family into my life and used them to encourage me. Now, as Matt and I struggle through this current battle, God has used Bryan and Kim to encourage me again.

As I finish my post, I am reminded of something Bryan used to say... It might sound cliche', but it's true...God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good.

Mama Kim & Daddy Bryan, I am forever grateful for you!

No comments: