Pages

1.18.2006

What a Legacy...

It's January 18th and it has been in the 50s for the past few weeks here in Boone. Some of us thought the winter weather would never arrive, and if you're like me...that was ok. Today...was a little different. I woke up to about 2 inches of snow on the ground, it was coming down pretty hard at 6:30 this morning, it was cold, and the wind was rediculous! Watugua county was out of school and so was Avery, Ashe, Caldwell, and Allegany...but ASU was on normal schedule. Instead of sitting around complaning about the weather, I've realized how blessed I am to live in Boone in the winter. It is absolutely gorgeous when it snows here. One of these days I'm gonna get out and take some pictures of how beautiful everything it is so everyone back home can see it.

As for classes, everything is underway and I am really enjoying them this semester. I have a lot of reading, but I'm learning a lot and actually getting excited about my future as a middle school teacher. My grammar class isn't so bad either. I am learning a lot about grammar and remembering a lot of stuff I was taught in the 4th grade. In the past I've had a hard time paying attention in an hour and a half class, but my grammar class isn't so bad. Next week I start my one day a week internship, either in Ashe or Wilkes county. I am so excited about spending my day with middle schoolers and getting a little experience in the classroom.

This entry is getting a little long, but I want to share a little about what the Lord is teaching me right now. Its something you should think about if you haven't already. Those of you who know my Matt know that he is always saying "one day at a time, one step at a time." For the longest time I've been like "Yeah Matt...ok, I am." Just recently, ASU lost a wonderful student, friend, and RA who touched many lives, even for those of us who didn't know her were touched by her. Her name was Leigh Lane Edwards. At her memorial service I read an excerpt from her journal and she had written about God and His grace and His love and His mercy. She wanted to be an example of that everyday and she never worried because she knew that He had her life planned out. She enjoyed each day and the glories of God's love each day. What an amazing testimony to have! I never knew Leigh Lane..but the testimony that she has left behind has really made an impact on my life. I've realized that just as excited as I am about becoming a teacher, growing up, getting married, and one day becoming a mom...I should be excited about living today and seizing every oppertunity that God lays before me. God's in control...no worries. Enjoy the day that He has given us and let Him do the rest!

No comments: