Pages

8.10.2009

The Sickness Within...

Pastor Jimmy started a new series yesterday at church called "The Sickness Within," and it was amazing. Not amazing as in, so encouraging that I left church throwing a party...but amazing as in it really triggered a self-check up for me. He talked about how as Christians we aren't slaves to sin, however we submit to it all too often. We let bitterness & hatred take over our lives instead of producing the fruit that we should. We are all guilty of this, I know I am. He continued his sermon with discussing the fact that when people hurt us, we hurt back instead of dealing with it the way we should. (You can listen to Jimmy's message here and other series as well.)

This morning in my time with the Lord, I read Galatians 5:16-26. In this passage Paul talks about how we should let the Holy Spirit guide our lives. We should produce love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control. How intestering! This goes along with exactly what Jimmy was talking about yesterday. It made me think of how easy it is to go day today, living without even thinking of God's purpose for me on earth.

I know I'm not perfect, I get upset at the littlest things sometimes and I have along way to go. However, becoming aware of my "sickness within" helps me to be aware of the areas in my life I need to ask God to help me change on a daily basis. I pray that God continues to mold me into the woman he wants me to be and that I continue to become aware of the change I must allow him to make!

No comments: