Pages

2.21.2011

Consignment Sale

Growing up we always wore hand-me-downs, there were 4 of us...my mom was smart. Occasionally we got new outfits, especially if my Grandma Moon had say or if it was a special occasion, but a lot of times people gave us clothes. I'm so thankful that my mom taught me it's okay to wear 2nd hand clothes, shoot...I'd still do it today if I had someone to give me clothes.

Over the weekend my mother-in-law, sister-in-law, Matt's aunt and I set out on a little consignment shopping at a children's consignment sale at 1st United Methodist Church in Cary. I wasn't sure what we would find, although we had heard it would be a great sale. AND it was!

I got all of this...
for about $18. Yep...I spent less than $20. I don't think I did too bad for my first time and it was a smaller sale. My mother-in-law got a really nice pack-n-play, a bouncy seat, a baby bathtub, & some clothes for about $70 and I think Matt's aunt got a really really nice high chair for around $10.

I have a lot of friends that go to the BIG consignment sale at the fair grounds twice a year and they really rack up. I've always been amazed at the amount of money they save, I mean kids grow so fast and you can find really nice things that are gently used at these sales. I'm really looking forward to doing more consigning in the future...I've always liked to bargain shop. I can't tell you the last time I bought a pair of shoes or clothing full price. I like the challenge and I always like the feeling of accomplishment after I see how much I've saved. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh i've been talking about the big one in Raleigh for so long! I've been once and loved it! Let me know when you go, I will go with you!!!

Ashley M said...

awesome! I have a friend that got a baby bjorn for really cheap at one of those. I will totally go to the fairground one with you! hope to see you soon! I can't believe we live so close and never see each other, it's awful!

Todd and Sara Davis said...

love some bargains! good job!

The Via Colony said...

That is AWESOME!!! Way to...consign:)