Pages

2.17.2011

He is Good!

You know...it's so awesome to see God's relief & comfort at just the right time. I mean, I know he's with us all the time...but it just seems like when you can't take it anymore in difficult situations he always brings relief at just the right time.

I can't explain the whole situation, but I've been struggling through some pretty difficult things recently and we've been praying for God to do his will, regardless of whether or not it was exactly what we want or not. I've felt like no one understands and people don't really care when I share what I'm going through. I've even felt like people totally don't want to be around me because I've been so miserable. I am so thankful that I serve a God that totally understands what I've been through and will never "not want to around me" because of my circumstances." AND he brings relief. He's brought me relief, the pain & frustration I'm dealing with still exists but God's given me the relief I need in order to glorify him until the problem is resolved completely. And it's the little things that he uses to remind us that he is with us...like...
-My sister spoke at our winter sports award Tuesday night. It was so great to see my little sister talk about how God has brought her out of the self-esteem issues she had growing up. AND my mom surprised me by riding with Anna to Knightdale. They came all the way here from Charlotte and drove all the way back after the ceremony. JUST FOR ME!
-I've had 2 planning periods with NO meetings this week. Because of this, I've gotten a lot of work done so I haven't had to bring stuff home. I've been able to rest more and take care of the little one growing inside of me.
-AND today...a student brought me a whole bag of Ghiradelli dark chocolate (which is my favorite!)
-Not to mention...we have NO plans this weekend and the weather is going to be glorious!

God's love is so good and sometimes it just blows my mind. Romans 8:31-39 is a perfect picture of how NO matter what we go through, nothing...nothing will separate us from the love of Christ.

"
What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.” No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Ahhh, Jesus is SO good!

2 comments:

Kelly Via said...

I love being around you, and I think you are great! And even though I don't totally understand everything you are going through, I do like being able to encourage you! I hope that you and Matt have an incredible weekend!! We missed you Tuesday!!

dtrexler said...

I really needed to read this post today....thanks for sharing your heart on the web! I know you wrote it several days ago, but God let me find it today...when I needed it...pretty cool! Hope you guys are doing well!