Pages

6.20.2011

Laney's Room

We have finally ALMOST finished Laney's room. I still have some organizing to do & a few more things to hang, but it's ready enough for her to come home when she's ready to make her appearance. When we first started planning her room, I DID NOT want something that was going to be pastel colors...like most baby stuff. It's just not us... So I started with her bedding & went from there. (For those of you that know me know that if I weren't in the teaching profession, I'd do interior design...I love to decorate & I love to find cheap ways to do it so making Laney's room cute was important to me.) I had a "garden" theme in my head...so I began gathering pots, colorful baskets, and flowers. I didn't exactly know what the finished product would look like, but I knew it would be colorful.

Here's a few pictures to kind of give you an idea of what it looks like.

(I love the way the lamp shade turned out. I bought a plain white one & decorated it with the ribbon to match the ribbon that I used to hang her name above the crib)I found this cute little sign in the garden decor at Michael's and I just had to have it. It matches perfectly!
I still need to figure out what to hang in the corner by my chair, but I have a few things in mind...so we'll see what we come up with. I can't take all the credit for this room...my wonderful husband put together ALL of Laney's furniture, painted her room, & hung everything. I just told him where to put stuff, decorated, & organized. Now...all we need is this sweet little girl to make her appearance sometime in the next 4 weeks. :)

Ah! I can't wait!

1 comment:

The Via Colony said...

It Looks AMAZING! I love, love, love it! I can't wait to see that baby girl in there too:)