Pages

7.19.2012

Kids Exchange

It has been a whirlwind of a week! We've jumped right back into the madness at Journey with construction & preparation for the fall. On top of the madness at Journey, we've had a lot going on at home...getting caught up on laundry from the beach, cleaning house, babysitting for friends, & preparing for Laney's birthday party on Saturday.

I knew the Raleigh Kid's Exchange Consignment sale was going on at the fair grounds this week, but I really didn't think I'd have time to make it. I really wanted to...because obviously we have NOTHING for a little boy, we needed another carseat for Laney at school, and we're gonna need a double stroller soon. I contemplated all week trying to go and then yesterday a friend from church that was selling stuff offered her extra shopping pass to shop a day earlier than the public. Today was hectic, but I was determined to go...even if were just to look for the bigger items we need: a carseat & double stroller. I've had friends tell me about the awesome deals on clothes & toys they've gotten, but I knew I wouldn't have much time for that today (which I'm beating myself up for now because I could have shopped another 2 hours and gotten some really awesome deals on clothes for the kids.) The last time they had the kids exchange, I went the last day and didn't really find much, so today was a TOTALLY different experience! 

Here's what I came home with...


 A BRAND NEW carseat for Laney to have at her babysitter's house...I paid $50! It probably runs for about $120 in stores.
 A few things for Benjamin...a BRAND NEW fleece jacket, with tags on it...some overalls (all little boys need them!), some pjs, and a few onesies...yes, I got him a halloween onesie...he's born in October, he has to have it!

 A few things for Laney...a winter jacket, a little Christmas dress, a pair of jeans & a cute top.
Little people farmhouse! Laney is going to be so excited when we give this to her. Matt's parents still have the one he played with when he was little and she LOVES it. We've been looking for one for our house, but they sell for about $40 in stores and we had already gotten her a little people dollhouse to give her for her birthday Saturday... this one was $12 in excellent condition...still makes noises & has the pieces.

Overall I spent $100...not too bad for my 1st trip to the Kid's Exchange considering the carseat itself would have cost more than that. I'm looking forward to more shopping adventures at the Kid's Exchange and hopefully I'll be able to make a few more consignment sales between now and when Benjamin comes!

What's everyone up to this weekend? Like I said, we're celebrating Laney's birthday Saturday evening. She's having a ladybug picnic themed party...I'm super excited, I love planning parties and I can't wait to see Laney dig into her cake! Stay tuned, pictures to come!

1 comment:

Kelly Via said...

Looks like you found some great deals!! Way to go! The Kids Exchange is so great.