Pages

7.10.2012

Laney is ONE!




My sweet Laney turned ONE today! I can't believe how fast this year has flown by, I know...I know...all of you other moms out there are thinking "you just wait!" But seriously, what a year! Matt & I have been so blessed with this sweet little girl to love on! I've been a slacker at blogging this year...so here's a few things about my Laneybug...

Her nickname has always been "Laneybug." She is such a HAPPY little girl and rarely cries...she cries if she is mad or if she is hurting. She loves to wave at anyone and seriously will go to anyone (yes, I know...we need to work on this as not all strangers are nice). She loves to sing & she loves to dance. Her favorite songs are "Singles Ladies" by Beyonce or Lecrae's "Jesus Musik." If she hears either of these songs, she will dance no matter what mood she is in or what she is doing. She loves to flip too...I know she'll either be a dancer or a gymnast because she is happiest when she is moving. She loves animals, especially dogs. Her 1st word was "dog" and she LOVES playing with our miniature dachshund, Molly. She can also say "dada," "mama," "nana," "bird," "yes," "that," and "this." She can sign "more," "all done," and "milk." She can shake her head "no" and when we ask her who loves her she can point at the picture of Jesus on her bible and then mommy and daddy. We've been teaching her this since she was born and we pray she always remembers it.  Laney's teacher at "school" says she loves to learn and we see it everyday. She's very inquisitive and likes trying new things. She may only be 16 or 17 lbs, but she's been eating table food almost as long as she's been eating things besides milk. She refused to eat baby food anymore at 8 months old so we started feeding her fruits & veggies...she loves to eat! Her favorite foods are green beans, tomatoes, & cucumbers. At 12 months old, she only wears 6-12 months clothes, but being little doesn't stop her. She's not walking by herself yet, although she has taken her 1st steps and can pretty much run with a little assistance. She'll be walking on her own before we know it. She can definitely craw like nobody's business!  Laney loves the beach (just like her mommy & daddy) and she likes to swing at the park. She is sweet, she loves to share (yes, I know this because she loves giving me her toys when we play)...

I could go on & on about my sweet Laney, but she is such a blessing to Matt & I. This year has been quite the learning experience, but I wouldn't take back one moment. I love her more everyday and I look forward to seeing how God grows my sweet girl in the next year! I love you Laney Marie and your daddy does too!!! 

30 minutes old, Rex Hospital... 7/10/11, 6 lbs, 12 oz and about 19 inches.
She was born at 3:10 pm.



She enjoyed her day with toys, naps, a boat ride to Southport, Provisions Company
for dinner, and a chocolate birthday cake at our beach house to top off her day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a sweet blog! I remember the day you were born Laney!! We could not wait to get to the hospital to hold you and love on you! It has been a joy to watch you grow and learn this year and I can't wait to continue to watch you grow into the precious girl Jesus made you to be:)
Love, Aunt Heidi

Todd and Sara Davis said...

Happy Birthday Laneybug! She is a doll! Glad you guys had a great day celebrating! Time sure does fly!