Pages

4.16.2013

A Sick Day

I woke up feeling just awful yesterday, but I was determined to go to work anyway. We have so much going on at Journey and I'm going out of town for my sister's wedding next week, so I was just determined to get through the day. About 11:00 I got a call from Laney's babysitter that she had a fever of 102. Poor girl, this made the 3rd time in a week and a half that she had been sick...1st it was a stomach bug, then it was pink eye and now this...so I immediately got in the car & headed to pick her and Ben up. I called the doctor and made an appointment because really, 3 times in a week and a half...we had to get my girl better. We found it out was an ear infection, so we got her meds and put her to bed. Matt came home from work about 6 and then he made me go to bed...

Isn't this the sweetest? 

I slept awful last night and have decided I will NEVER take benedryl again...it has the opposite effect on me. I thought it would knock me out last night, but instead I found myself watching the news at 3 am.

I've been sleeping most of today & I'm finally starting to feel a little better. Laney is still a little whinny, but she has been playing hard since she got up this morning, so that's a good sign. We're praying that Matt & Ben stay healthy. There's so much sickness going around, we have friends with strep throat and the doc said the flu is going around again...seriously!!! It's April!

Despite the sickness, I got some quality time with my girl today.

I guess we just needed to slow down, it's been a rough month for our family. Looking forward to getting better and enjoying wedding festivities next week!

No comments: