Pages

4.13.2013

Debrief & Time With Jesus

I sat down to spend some time with Jesus this morning and just could not clear my head. So much going on around us...it's spring, so I want to be outside but the pollen is so bad my allergies can't handle it. We are attempting to potty train because Laney has decided she doesn't want to keep her diaper on, my house is actually clean so I want to go do something fun, I have a laundry list of things I want to do around the house (paint the table on the deck, find a rug for the living room, paint the guest bathroom, plant flowers) but all of that requires money and we're paying off debt right now, so I have to wait...We haven't had a date night in over a month, so I need some intentional time with Matt, we're going out with family for my birthday tonight so I'm thinking about that...

Also, we're coming out of a LONG month and a half of busy busy...wedding showers for my sister, bridal portrait for my sister, Easter, Connect Party prep, group life organization for our spring trimester at church, our new life group, Laney being sick, Ben starting baby food... only to go back into another busy 2 weeks...Refuel worship event this coming week, my birthday, Matt's going out of town for BDT training next weekend, my sister is getting married in 2 weeks...

SO

MUCH

STUFF...

Yet, I'm trying to quiet my head & my heart to spend a time with the Lord this morning. I feel like we're debriefing this weekend only to be busy another 2 weeks. Not that this is the only time that I've spend time with the Lord, it's just that I have so much going on in my head that spending time with the Lord is difficult this morning. I'm thinking about the past few weeks and prepping my head for another 2. So, I decided to write before I dig into my quiet time. I'm sure none of this is making sense, but I needed it before I could focus.

I have a good friend who wrote about her time with the Lord recently, she's actually the one that gave me the idea to get my head & heart quiet by writing or making a "to do" list before I spend time with the Lord. Whatever it takes to focus on my time with God is what I do before I dig into scripture every day...

What do you do to get your mind & heart right before you spend intentional time with Jesus every day?

No comments: